The Federation of Tourism Associations of Nigeria (FTAN) is the Umbrella body that represents all the private sector in the Tourism industry in Nigeria. The Association was established in 1997 by the then Federal Ministry of Commerce and Tourism with a view to have easy liaison with the organized private sector in the Tourism and Culture sector in Nigeria.
The National Executive Council (NEC) is the primary administrative arm of FTAN operational structure. The members of the National Executive Council (NEC) are elected to serve for a period of two years, in the first instance; and are eligible to serve for additional two years, if re-elected. The National Executive Council members are nominated for election from the 23 FTAN member associations.
Below is the list, and some links, to the current members of the National Executive Council:
2. First Deputy National President - Mr. Nkerunwem Onung
3. Second Deputy National President - Alhaji Badaki Aliyu
7. Vice-President - South South
8. Vice-President - North East
9. Vice-President - North West
10. Vice-President - North Central
12. Public Relations Officer (South)
13. National Treasurer
14. Financial Secretary
15. Membership Secretary 1
16. Membership Secretary 2
17. Membership Secretary 3